New Laws for 2017
California is notorious for enacting more new laws every year than any other state. Every year, the California legislature introduces hundreds of bills that are discussed, voted on, and then signed into law. Many of these bills directly impact the rental housing industry. With all the changes in law from year to year, it is sometimes hard to keep up. That is why our lobbying team created this end-of-the-year guide, to keep our members apprised of the ever-changing laws and regulations impacting our industry.
. . .
There is more to this article. If you are a member, please Log In to see the complete article.
If you are not a member, please consider joining the East Bay Rental Housing Association today!
- Property management advice over the phone or in person
- Real-time market rent data
- Tenant screening service (Separate application and report fees)
- Annually updated legal forms including forms online 24/7
- Monthly landlord workshops on new laws, rental agreements, security deposits, legal notices, tenancy, rent increases, fair housing, rent and eviction control and more
- Vendor directory of local businesses that offer exclusive member discounts
- Annual trade expo and networking mixers
- Quarterly educational membership meetings
- Community outreach and education
- Local and state lobbying
- An active and growing Industry Legal Fund and Political Action Committee
- Subscription to Rental Housing and units magazines covering current events, industry information, management, rebate programs and member discounts
- Membership with the National Apartment Association (NAA), America’s leading advocate for quality rental housing
Annual Membership Dues
- 1-2 Units = $249.00
- 3-4 Units = $269.00
- 5-8 Units = $289.00
- 9-16 Units = $299.00
- 17+ Units = $299.00 + $5.00 per Unit
Membership dues are non-refundable, but are tax deductible. Application Processing Fees are non-refundable and applicable to new members only.
How to Join
|Click Here If You Have
Fewer Than 17 Units*
|Click Here If You Have
17 Units Or More*
|OR you can join by doing one of the following|
*Your login will be sent to you with 48 hours of registration, excluding weekends and holidays.
Once you complete your application, you will receive access to our EBRHA exclusive forms, and all of the other services we provide to our members.
Be sure the review testimonials from our satisfied members.
Please contact our office, 510-893-9873, if you have any questions.