The East Bay Rental Housing Association (EBRHA) is a full-service nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting fair, safe and well maintained residential rental housing that is compliant with local ordinances and state/federal laws. While we are happy to provide tenants with helpful rental housing resources, we are not qualified to advise tenants on specific housing issues. Below is a list of helpful links and resources to help tenants navigate the East Bay rental housing market.
- California Landlord/Tenant Law – A guide to residential tenants’ and landlords’ rights and responsibilities from the Department of Consumer Affairs’ legal Affairs division
- Eden I & R – Nonprofit agency committed to linking Alameda County Families and individuals to the full range of community resources available to them. They can be reached at 510-537-2710 or by simply dialing 211 on any Alameda County phone line.
- Eden Council for Hope & Opportunity (ECHO) – Promotes equal access in housing and provides support services which would aid in the prevention of homelessness and promote permanent housing conditions.
- Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity (FHEO) – Administers and enforces federal laws and establishes policies that make sure all Americans have equal access to the housing of their choice.
- Housing Authority of the County of Alameda – Operates a number of housing programs administered by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development that provide low-cost rental housing or rental assistance for low-income families, the elderly, people with disabilities and others in much of Alameda County. Click the following links for Alameda, Berkeley, Livermore and Oakland Housing Authorities.