If you are a landlord who has one or more eligible tenants, you can apply to get reimbursed for 80% of each eligible tenant’s unpaid rent between April 1, 2020, and March 31, 2021, if you agree to waive the remaining 20% of unpaid rent for that specific time period. Requirements include:
1. All payments must be used to satisfy the tenant’s unpaid rent for the period between April 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021
2. Your tenants must take steps to verify that they meet eligibility requirements and sign the application
3. Your tenant’s household income must be at or below 80 percent of the Area Median Income (AMI)
Continue reading at CA.gov
California Legislature Extends Residential Eviction Moratorium and Implements Rental Assistance Program for Landlords and Tenants
Effective February 1, 2021, the California Legislature and Governor Gavin Newsom approved Senate Bill (“SB”) 91 – Eviction Protection and Relief Act in further response to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. In essence, SB 91 extends core tenant protections established by August 2020’s Assembly Bill (“AB”) 3088, but also establishes the State Rental Assistance Program, provides rental assistance for landlords and tenants, and closes existing loopholes in AB 3088.
Continue reading at The National Law Review.
Setting some "ambitious targets" to ensure affordable housing and eliminate homelessness in Alameda County, the county is looking for landlords to match with local residents in need of a home as part of its Vision 2026.
The program is part of Alameda County's efforts to maximize the countywide Measure A1 housing bond to invest approximately $340 million over the next three years.
Property owners and housing providers that are "friendly to people on a fixed income or to people with third-party housing assistance funds" are being sought. Tenants accepted for the program pay a percentage of their income towards rent, with the remaining balance supported by public and private funding. Payment is guaranteed by a nonprofit organization.
Continue reading at PleasantWeekly.com.