East Bay Rental Housing Association (EBRHA)
Be the leader and essential resource for the housing community.
Advance the housing communities of Alameda and Contra Costa Counties through education, support services, and advocacy.
Who We Are
EBRHA is a full-service nonprofit trade organization dedicated to promoting fair, safe, affordable, and well-maintained residential housing that is compliant with local ordinances and state laws. We support rental property owners and property managers who maintain over 45,000 homes in Alameda County and Contra Costa County.
The association offers members one-on-one support, education, industry resources and information, rental forms, networking opportunities, and advocacy at the state and local level. For over 80 years, EBRHA has served the community of East Bay housing providers (small and large), municipalities, and local businesses.
Our 1,500+ members own and manage over 45,000 rental homes —including single family homes, condominiums, small multi-unit properties (duplex, triplex, fourplex), and apartment communities — in over 25 cities throughout Alameda and Contra Costa counties. EBRHA members range in size from small investors with just one property to large property management companies that own or manage hundreds of units.
EBRHA also has over 100 industry partners. These members are suppliers, vendors and service providers who are here to support our housing providers network. They include attorneys, Realtors, property managers, contractors, tradespeople, and technology solutions providers in more than 60 business classifications.
The Association is governed by a Board of Directors, consisting of independent rental property owners and executives from property management firms, who are elected by the general membership.
EBRHA is an affiliate of the National Apartment Association (NAA), America’s leading resource and advocate for rental housing, and California Rental Housing Association (CalRHA), California’s largest association of small housing providers.
NAA’s mission is to serve the interests of multifamily housing owners, managers, developers, and suppliers and maintain a high level of professionalism in the multifamily housing industry to better serve the rental housing needs of the public.
CalRHA supports a diverse community of small rental property owners throughout California. Through its nine (9) regional affiliates and direct members, it represents 25,000 members who own/operate almost 700,000 homes throughout the state. CalRHA provides timely grassroots advocacy and lobbies at the state level to engage change in the multifamily housing industry.
Code of Ethics
- We conduct ourselves in an honest and ethical manner at all times to better the communities we support.
- We comply with all laws and regulations applicable to the rental housing industry.
- We adhere to all fair housing principles.
- We respect the rights and responsibilities of our residents and diligently respond to their requests.
- We believe that every resident is entitled to the quiet enjoyment of a safe and habitable residence.
- We strive to conserve natural resources and to preserve the environment.
- We believe in the value of contracts and their enforcement.
- We believe in the importance of continuing education for rental housing owners, managers, and residents.