Click here to access Renter Screening
Fair Chance Housing Ordinances
On February 4, 2020, the Oakland City Council unanimously approved the Fair Chance Housing Ordinance. Oakland rental property owners are no longer allowed to screen applicants for criminal history, as per Ordinance No. 13581 C.M.S., O.M.C. 8.25.
On March 10 2020, the Berkeley City Council approved the Fair Chance Housing Ordinance. Berkeley rental property owners are no longer allowed to screen applicants for criminal history, as per Ordinance No. 7,692-N.S.
Notice to Rental Property Owners 13581
Ordinance No. 13581 C.M.S., O.M.C. 8.25
Click Here: Bornstein Law: Oakland Bans Criminal Background Checks in Tenant Screening
Renter Screening Services
Intellirent Online Application & Screening
- Includes: TransUnion Credit & Eviction history, Tenancy & Employment verifications, plus EBRHA's Custom Online Rental Application
- Renter initiated application means members do not have to run the credit report themself.
- No site visits required
- Free for members, applicants pay a $40 application fee
- Soft pull on credit for applicants
- To access your free member benefits, visit: ebrha.myintellirent.com/agent-signup
- To learn more, visit: www.ebrha.com/intellirent-screening
FICO Credit Report & Eviction History: $15
- Includes: Credit Report & Eviction History
- EBRHA members need to qualify to run the credit report themselves through the renter screening portal, including:
- Consenting to a credit report themselves
- Submitting required documents
- Pay an $80 application fee for an office inspection to verify presences of a password protected computer, a shredder and a locking file cabinet. Click here to read service agreement for full details.
EBRHA can run the report for you for you an additional $20:
- FICO Credit Report & Eviction History: $35
- Please call the office main line or email firstname.lastname@example.org to have a staff member process your report.
- Bad Check Search - $10.00
- Criminal Background - $10.00*
- Social Security Search - $7.00
*Not available for properties in Oakland and Berkeley (see Ordinances listed at the top of the page).