Workshops & Presenters Guidelines
Education is critical to the success of property owners and managers - and is the cornerstone of our service offerings - particularly in a rapidly changing environment like the East Bay. Contact us today about presenting educational workshops to our members: 1,500+ property managers and owners of over 30,000 rental units.
Workshop Format & Audience
Workshops are offered in several formats - these can be set up as Webinars for now:
- 90-minute workshops can be offered Tues, Wed or Thurs from 12:00pm – 1:30pm (Lunch-n-Learn), 2:00pm – 3:30pm, or 6:00pm – 7:30pm
- 30-60 minute presentations during Saturday Member Meetings, which tend to be held the third or fourth Saturday of the month from 9:30am to noon.
EBRHA’s member audience ranges anywhere from 15-50 rental property owners and managers. To reach a larger audience, EBRHA vendor members can submit articles for consideration to Rental Housing magazine, add a listing to our Vendor Directory, and/or advertise and exhibit at our annual Trade Expo.
Proposing a Workshop
To conduct a workshop or presentation, email your proposal including topics, title and 3-4 bullets describing key content to EBRHA Events. Membership & Education Specialist. Rae will contact you to discuss details and availability. Once calendared, presenters are required to:
- Submit via email PowerPoint presentation, outline or other media 2 weeks prior to workshop date
- Bring enough handouts and business cards for participants (EBRHA staff will provide anticipated headcount prior to workshop)
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to workshop
- It is against California state law for associations to release membership contact information, so while we cannot provide presenters with registrants information you are welcome to pass around your own sign-up sheet
- All presentations must be educational in nature, not a sales pitch for a particular product or service
EBRHA provides workshop presenters with a laptop computer, which projects onto a large TV monitor. Speakers can bring their own laptop with an HDMI input, but speakers are encouraged to bring their presentation on a flash drive or USB stick as back-up. Presenters are also provided with a wireless presentation clicker for easy transition between PowerPoint slides. To ensure a smooth setup, presenters should email PowerPoint presentations to email@example.com 24 hours before the workshop.
Due to the volume of presentation proposals we receive, we are unable to accommodate all requests. Thank you for your interest, and we look forward to working with you.